Self care isn’t about being selfish or having a “me, me, me” mentality. It’s not about disregarding others so we get what we want.
Self care is about loving ourselves for who we are and taking the time to care for ourselves. It’s about acting from a place of kindness toward ourselves, and taking the time to remind ourselves that we need & deserve this kindness.
And when you practice these self care, changes in your life begin to take place....
1. We stop comparing ourselves to others, so we’ll always be enough for ourselves and others. Knowing this means we don’t need to keep proving ourselves
2. We don’t care what others think or say about us because we know what ultimately matters most in our life is how we feel about ourselves.
3. We become excited to live a life of abundance without needing to fight or push to get it. We hold the power to alter our futures, careers, relationships, passion, compassion, empathy, and authenticity.
4. We know that love is around every corner, not only from the love that we have for ourselves, but the love that we offer to others and the love we get from others.
5. We allow for growth to occur in our lives. The more we grow, the more we spread love and joy.
6. We practice more love and acceptance towards others. When we love and care for ourselves despite our flaws, we begin to recognize that flaws don’t make up the entire person. When we realize this, we can then be more forgiving of others’ flaws.
7. We know failures and setbacks get us one step closer to growth. But we also become better problem solvers because we tend to see the world more clearly
8. We lower our risk for depression, anxiety, hypertension, heart attacks, and other heart-related problems.
9. We are more resilient and able to take on any challenge life throws our way, seeing these challenges as opportunities to learn and grow.
10. We allow our natural shine to easily show itself because we become unafraid of showing our true selves to others.
11. We take responsibility for our lives,
that we are the source of all happiness.
12. We become more creative, inspired, and open. As a result, we are not only producing great works of love and care, we become better problem solvers from our clearer awareness.
13.We inspire others to love and care for themselves. When others see the love and care that we give ourselves, they will notice the ways in which they can change their attitudes and lives to better love and care for themselves.
Please, please treat yourself
to a little self care this weekend ❤️